Average Cost of Roof Replacement
Please use the table below to get a better idea on how much your roof would cost to replace.
(Prices are shown for a 1 layer roof with no skylights, deck replacement or additional work. Only tear off and replacement of asphalt shingles)
(1 Square = 100sq/ft)
|10 Square (very small)||$4,300||$4,600||$5,000|
|15 Square (small)||$6,450||$6,900||$7,500|
|20 Square (average)||$8,600||$9,200||$10,000|
|40 Square (large)||$17,200||$18,400||$20,000|
|50 Square (very large)||$21,500||$23,000||$25,000|
Factors that Affect Roof Replacement Costs
The cost of a roof replacement depends on several factors, including:
- Type of Roofing Material – The type of material you choose for your roof replacement will significantly impact the overall cost. Popular materials for upstate NY are:
- Asphalt Shingles Roofing (most popular)
- Corrugated Metal Roofing (cheapest form of metal roofing)
- Standing Seam Metal Roofing (high end metal roofing)
- Synthetic Shingle (very rare)
- Roof Size – The size of your roof is another crucial factor in determining the cost of a roof replacement. The larger your roof, the more materials and labor will be required to complete the project.
- Roof Pitch – The pitch of your roof can also affect the cost of a roof replacement. A steeper roof requires more labor and safety measures, which can increase the total cost of the project. Depending on your home roof, the roof may be what we in the industry call “walkable”, while other roofs the only way to maneuver yourself is with ropes and specialized equipment.
- Underlayment and Decking – If the decking or underlayment of your roof needs repair or replacement, this will also impact the total cost. Some home decking may be completely compromised.
- Difficulty – Depending on your home’s construction, the roof may be easy or difficult to replace. A home with simple sides and no valleys means less waste and quicker installation. Meanwhile, a roof with many valleys, step flashing details and transitions, will take longer and require more attention.
- Detail – Some home many have extra roof penetrations, chimney or skylights. These factor increase the total cost of replacement.
We understand the difficultly in finding a contractor you can trust with your home. This is why we do not hide our prices from the public. If you have any roofing needs, please reach out to have one of our representatives come out and take a look!